|Article number:||[JPN] Day-Free A5 2023|
The Day-Free combines a monthly calendar with a graph paper notebook. It was designed for users who have been ignoring dates as they use the pages and for those who are bothered by having blank daily pages scattered throughout their book. The Day-Free is available in A6 Original or A5 Cousin size, and will fit both the Day-Free cover BS Lite, and the same techo covers as their standard counterparts. The graph paper notebook pages include fun little additions, such as Hobonichi’s characteristic quotes at the bottom of each page in Japanese and an illustrated flipbook on the bottom right of every page spread.
Day-Free Cousin Size
Cover size: A5: 148 mm x 210 mm (5.8" x 8.25")
Pages: 224 (notebook section: 171 pages)
Thickness: 8 mm (0.3")
Weight: About 230 g (8.1 oz)
The full-year A6 Original techo has 464 total pages, while the A6 Day-Free has 240. The full-year A5 Cousin techo has 544 total pages, while the A5 Day-Free has 224.This makes the Day-Free books basically half the thickness and weight of the standard full-year counterparts.
The Day-Free comes with a blue cover reminiscent of a lovely clear sky. The words Day-Free and Hobonichi Techo 2023 are printed in ivory.
The thin, light paper, called Tomoe River paper, is strong, resistant to bleeding, and allows ink to dispense smoothly across the paper. The color is the same white as the standard Original and Cousin books.
Special stitch-binding allows the planner to lay completely flat without having to hold it down.
The page corners are rounded to minimize creasing and damage to the edges when carried around or stored in a bag.
Serial numbers on the inside back cover give each planner a unique identity and make your planner your very own special book.
New in 2023:
- The bottom right of the two-page spread in the 2023 edition Day-Free features a flip book comic called “One Pencil” by illustrator 100% ORANGE. The comic has a fun animation, but each individual illustration is also charming, so you’ll always like what you see when you open your page.
- Bonus pages have been updated.
Sections added in the 2023 edition
- My Favorite Things
- How to Better Enjoy Conversation
- Enjoy Learning at the Hobonichi School
Sections removed since 2022 edition
- Hobonichi Techo Usage Ideas
- Stretches for Deep Sleep and Waking Up
- Common Snacks around the World
- National holidays are subject to change due to law revisions.