|Kakimori Aizome Indigo Nib Holder
The writing tools we choose also touch our emotions. We sought to create a tool that inspires a lifetime of use, bringing joy to our hands and soul. Designed to universal specifications to fit all standard nibs, the nib holder will travel with you for a lifetime of writing.
The natural beauty of the woodgrain is accentuated by a deep indigo finish. Each nib holder has been carefully hand dyed by artisans using indigo grown in Tokushima.
- Nib holder only — nib sold separately.
- The nib holder will gradually brighten to a true indigo color with use and handling. If the nib holder becomes dry, apply some beeswax.
- Friction may cause the color or beeswax finish to transfer.
- To prevent distortion and discoloration, avoid soaking in water, sudden temperature changes or extreme heat, and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
- When removing the nib from the nib holder, gently pull it out while turning to avoid dislodging the nib mount.
- Due to the nature of the material and treatment, grain and color will vary between pieces.
- If marked with ink, wipe clean with a soft cloth.
- After rinsing, shake well in a downward motion to remove any water or ink from the nib mount before inserting a nib.